Welcome to Sunny Surf. We are sure you will have a wonderful vacation in this tropical paradise.
Upon arrival on the island and before departing the car rental agency on your way to the home, please call Shirley Binning at (808) 870-1261. She will meet you at the home to check you in and give you a detailed tour of the home. She will give you the schedule of when people will be coming on the property for maid service, landscaping, and pool maintenance.
Check in time is 3:00 PM and check out time is 11:00 AM. We appreciate that travel plans may not always fit in within this noted time frame, therefore if our schedule permits us to let you check in early or check out later, we would be happy to do so.
Please remember that this is a residential community, and the residents value peace and quiet.
In order to offer this short-term rental, the Owner has been required to obtain a permit from Maui County at great effort and expense. Any complaints of disturbances may result in revocation of the permit, and discontinuation of short-term rentals. These rules will therefore be strictly enforced.
As a courtesy to our neighbors, we have provided them the 24-hour phone number of our professional property manager. They have been asked to call-in any activity of concern, so that any effect can be minimized immediately.
The Owner reserves the right to evict renters for any material violations of these rules and policies.
The Maui County Code requires that the following minimum restrictions must be included in our House Rules:
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM, during which time the noise from the short-term rental home shall not unreasonably disturb adjacent neighbors. Sound that is audible beyond Sunny Surf’s property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would be otherwise associated with a residential area.
- Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries of Sunny Surf is prohibited.
- Two vehicles may be parked in the designated onsite parking area and shall not be parked on the street.
- No parties or group gatherings other than registered guests shall occur.
Please be aware of the following rules and policies relating specifically to Sunny Surf:
- No smoking in the house.
- We will provide hotel type maid service twice during each 7 night rental rental period.
- Be careful not to leave any exterior doors open when the air conditioner is on.
- Guests returning from the beach must use the outside shower to rinse off all the sand from their bodies before entering the swimming pool or home.
- Guests must report all damages to Shirley Binning immediately at 808.870.1261.
- The cost of items missing or damaged during your stay will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Garbage cans are located by the front gate. Please empty garbage as needed between times of maid service.
- House phones are for local calls only. Otherwise we request that renters use their cell phones. Any charges accrued by guests, such as, long distance calls, Pay Per View movies and channels, etc. will be deducted from the deposit once all household bills have been received.
- There is a $500 fee to rekey the home if you lose the keys and a $150 fee to replace the gate clicker if lost or damaged.
- Take precautions for protection of your valuables. We are not responsible for any losses.
- Please lock all doors and windows when you leave the home. In addition, we suggest you turn on the house alarm and use the safe provided for valuables.
- The ocean can be very dangerous. Please use caution when swimming and do not turn your back to incoming waves.
- The lanai area around the pool can be very slippery when wet. Any running in this area is dangerous. Please exercise extreme care.
- Sunscreen and other body oils easily stain material. Please be careful to avoid damaging the furniture.